Photo by Universal Pictures for Publicity Purposes.
In Ohio, there are at least five birthdays to remember:
- Doris Day, the actress, singer and animal welfare advocate was born in Cincinnati on April 3, 1922. She delighted moviegoers in the 1950s and ’60s.
- The lawyer Clarence Darrow became a legend. Born on April 18, 1857 in Kinsman Township.
- How about Ulysses S. Grant, President and General? He was born on April 27, 1822 in Point Pleasant. He earned the title “Unconditional Surrender” Grant when he led the Union Army.
- Judith Resnik (April 5, 1949), the astronaut and engineer from Akron, left us too early when the Space Shuttle Challenger Launch failed on January 28, 1986.
- Finally, Lowell Thomas, born April 6, 1892, captivated radio audiences with his distinctive voice. He was famous as a writer, journalist and broadcaster.