Be sure you find a way to make a contribution on almost every Zoom call you attend. There is a reason you received an invitation. Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels.
So which room or space have you designated as your Zoom meeting location? You probably have a special spot at home or at the office.
Have you figured out where the lighting is best? How your camera focuses on you? Where to place multiple folks on a single computer or mobile device, if you must?
Here are a few tips about appearing on or participating in a Zoom event:
- Prepare for the call. Be sure you dress like your audience.
- Share an agenda.
- Do you need to share your screen? Be able to pull up your PowerPoint so that it is sharable.
- Determine who to invite. Take a roll call.
- Be sure the platform works. Go on 15 minutes prior to the call.
- Rate the call. Send a quick followup.